QUINCY, WA – September 29, 2020, The Quincy School District is excited to announce that six wonderful individuals and as well as two incredible athletic teams have been chosen to be inducted into the 2020 Wall of Fame. For the 2020 Wall of Fame, Bill Sund, Chuck McConnell, Joe Downs, Larry Spence, Scott Alexander, Stuart Hunt, the 1998 State Champion Baseball Team and the 2014 State Champion Boys Soccer Team have been chosen as they have brought honor to themselves, our schools and the community through their achievements and contributions.
The eight recipients were chosen by a committee that consisted of community members, former students, and current and former staff members. Nominations were submitted electronically, and after careful deliberation, the selection committee came to a final vote in June.
- Bill Sund is a beloved teacher who taught for 39 years at Quincy Middle School (formely Quincy Junior High) before retiring in 2006. Mr. Sund is remembered by students and staff for his professionalism and kindness as well as his commitment to students.
- Chuck McConnell was a cherished music teacher for the Quincy School District from 1959-1970. His dedication to the music program and mentorship of students is remembered by all.
- Joe Downs is a talented former QHS athlete, playing for the Jacks from 1980-1984. Mr. Downs found success in Australia playing professional basketball. After retiring from professional basketball, he made his way back to the Quincy area to farm.
- Larry Spence is a cherished former basketball and football coach as well as former alumni and teacher. He is remembered for his achievements as a coach as well as his dedication to his students. Mr. Spence taught in Quincy from 1970-2005.
- Scott Alexander played for the Jacks from 1995-1999. As a talented QHS athlete, Mr. Alexander holds multiple track and field records and is an All State football player. Mr. Alexander is recognized for his significant contributions to QHS athletics as well as his sportsmanship.
- Stuart Hunt is an outstanding music teacher who taught in the district for 18 years. His love of music inspired countless of students to musical excellence. Mr. Hunt left a legacy of choral arts education throughout Quincy schools and community.
- 1998 State Champion Baseball Team, the team won Quincy’s first Team WIAA State Championship.
- 2014 State Champion Boys Soccer Team, the soccer team won the State Championship tourney 4-0, and the state title 1-0.
Recipients will be inducted during the next home basketball or football game we are able to host, details will be released as soon as they are available. Plaques will be displayed on the wall outside the Quincy High School gym.
Please join us in celebrating their accomplishments!