We are the Quincy School District. Our district covers approximately 450 square miles. Located in Central Washington at the heart of the Columbia Basin situated 150 miles equally between Seattle and Spokane.
The Columbia Basin was created with the construction of Grand Coulee Dam. Not only does the dam provide power for Central Washington, it pumps gallons of water into Banks Lake for irrigation purposes throughout the Columbia Basin.
We are an agricultural community incorporated in 1907 with a city population of 8000 and a school district population of 3000.
District Office Address:
119 J Street SW
Quincy, WA. 98848
The Quincy School District services a far-flung geographic area covering approximately 450 square miles. Before there even was a Grant County, this area was served by many one-room schools. Wherever settlers homesteaded, schools sprang up: Trinidad, Winchester, Frenchman Hills, Burke, and in every compass direction around the present site of Quincy.
During the summer of 1903, the first regular school building in Quincy was erected and 50 students enrolled that September. By 1905, enrollment had jumped from 56 to 165, or a little over 300% in two years. In 1909, Quincy became an accredited high school, at that time employing three teachers. 1911 saw the first graduating class with two young people receiving their diplomas. As the children in the outlying areas grew up, more of them came to town for high school, and by 1922 there were buses from many of these communities bringing the children to Quincy.