The health services team coordinates and provides health and social services to promote a healthy school community. Their priority is keeping children healthy, safe, in school, and ready to learn.
Health Services Department:
- Student health assessments and planning, including:
- Emergency Care Plans and delegation of response
- Individual Health Plans and delegation of procedures, accommodations, etc.
- Procedure training
- Medication oversight and training/delegation
- Liaison between family/medical provider/school
- Emergency response
- Participate on SpEd, 504, Behavior teams
- Coordinate with area medical providers for special events e.g. flu shot clinic, health fairs, etc.
- State mandated health maintenance e.g. vision and hearing screens, vaccination compliance, etc.
- Participate on the Health and Safety Team
- Training for procedural guidelines
- Trouble-shooting complex situations e.g. quarantine/isolation/symptom uncertainties
- Support in an ever-changing pandemic situation, providing updates, researching new developments, etc.
- Attend national, state and local meetings
Mary Ellen Castro, SPED/Health Administrative Assistant
Health Para III:
- Assist with Covid protocols e.g. daily check-ins or isolation room
- Support for health room flow, supplies, student assistance, etc.
- Immunization compliance
- Vision and Hearing screens
- Medication tracking
- Bilingual phone calls (health related)
- Projects or assignments as the year progresses
- Right hand for nurses – liaison between school and nurses